The Mendoza College of Business is committed to admit as many students as possible into their chosen majors. However, should it become necessary to limit enrollment in certain majors, the following will apply:
- To ensure they are making adequate progress toward the BBA degree, students must satisfy the following requirements to be eligible to select a limited enrollment business major:
- Accumulated at least 45 degree credits through three semesters; and
- Either have completed or be enrolled in at least 25 credits that satisfy MCOB requirements; and
- Earned a grade of “C” or better in the introductory course of any limited enrollment major (e.g. FIN 20150 for finance intents) to be eligible for that major.
- Cumulative GPA, at the time of major declaration, will then be used to determine assignment of limited enrollment majors. The cumulative GPA cutoff may vary across years. Students whose cumulative GPA does not meet the cutoff, but who have a GPA of at least 3.50 in the courses that satisfy Mendoza College of Business requirements may be given special consideration.
It is important to note that these limits have impacted only 3-7% of any given class.