INTERNSHIP APPLICATION FOR ACADEMIC CREDIT
The Mendoza College of Business (MCOB) allows undergraduate business students to earn academic credits for internship opportunities during the summer or outside of the normal schedule of classes during the fall or spring semesters. The internship experience should be a professional business experience and can be paid or unpaid.
- Students may earn one academic credit per internship; BAUG 37000 Internship Special Studies.
- Students may earn this particular internship credit three times (total of 3.0 credits) toward their degree.
- To earn this credit, students must submit the Internship Application for Academic Credit found linked below. Students with F-1 Status must also apply through Office of International Student and Scholar Affairs (ISSA).
- There is no cost associated with the summer internship credit; however, students will initially be billed then credited for the Internship class in the summer term.
- Internship credits are graded Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (S/U). To earn a Satisfactory grade, students must submit two journal entries (half page each) and one final reflection paper (3-5 pages). Deadlines are listed below.
- Internship credits are considered Activity/Experiential and business students are limited to three such credits applying towards their degree. Check your GPS to see if you have maxed out that block.
Internship Credit for Students with F-1 Visa Status
- MCOB undergraduate students with F-1 status have the option of applying for the Curricular Practical Training (CPT) or the Optional Practical Training (OPT) employment authorizations.
- MCOB undergrads may apply for the CPT work authorization three (3) times.
- Students must submit applications for CPT or OPT through ISSA; information can be found at: https://issa.nd.edu/
Internship Application Procedures
- To complete the Internship Application for Academic Credit, students must upload a copy of their offer letter/email and job description from the internship employer.
- Students will receive an email when their application is submitted. The internship course, BAUG 37000, will be added to their summer schedule within one week of our review.
- The journal entries and final reflection paper must be submitted through Canvas by the deadlines (listed below).
- DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION FOR ACADEMIC CREDIT FOR SUMMER INTERNSHIPS: Wednesday, June 1, 2022
- DEADLINE TO DROP BAUG 37000: Registrar promulgated drop deadline date. (June 20)
- DEADLINE FOR FIRST JOURNAL ENTRY: June 15, 2022
- DEADLINE FOR SECOND JOURNAL ENTRY: June 30, 2022
- DEADLINE FOR STUDENT TO SUBMIT FINAL PAPER (regardless of internship completion date): Summer 2022: Friday, July 22, 2022
QUESTIONS? Contact Internship Coordinator:
Dr. Gina Shropshire, 101 Mendoza College of Business, Notre Dame, IN, 46556, email@example.com, 574-631-6602